Welcome to Spine and Beyond
Chiropractor in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Hi there! My name is Dr. Mark Aaron and I run a chiropractic practice in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. Welcome to my website, where you’ll find a range of informative chiropractic articles, healthy lifestyle tips, directions to my chiropractic practice and general information about my business.
Looking for a chiropractor in a hurry? Book now:
What is Chiropractic Medicine?
According to the World Federation of Chiropractic, chiropractic medicine is:
“A health profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual treatments including spinal adjustment and other joint and soft-tissue manipulation.”
When Should You See A Chiropractor?
The most common health issue people will see a chiropractor about is known as vertebral subluxation. This is caused by several phenomena, including:
- Out of place vertebra, or misalignment, occurring after a slip or fall
- Spinal misalignment due to bad posture
- Swollen joints caused by damage to the intervertebral joint
- Inflammatory bodily responses caused by psychological stress or poor diet choices
- Degenerative changes or osteoporosis of the intervertebral disks or spine
- Tight back muscles that can pull vertebrae out of place.
There are many possible symptoms of vertebral subluxation, including the below. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please contact me as soon as you can:
- Tightness, spasms of the spinal muscles
- Balance issues or dizziness
- Tingling, numbness or pain in hands and feet
- Reduced spinal mobility
- Stiffness or pain in joints
Spine and Beyond Articles:
Below you will find a few of our latest Spine and Beyond articles, touching on topics that range from chiropractic care to general health and wellbeing advice. Should you not find something worth reading here, have a look at our ARTICLES page for more sound chiropractic advice and information!
See a Chiropractor in Durban Today!
As a trail runner and beach volleyball enthusiast, I understand just how difficult life becomes when the body is in pain. Apart from the reduced mobility, which essentially restricts our freedom, muscular and joint pain can often affect our moods and subsequently our relationships. Don’t let pain put you out another day – get the relief you deserve today. Fill in the below contact form, briefly describing your issue, and I’ll be in touch soon!